Sow seeds of love this Valentines Day
If you’re unsure what to gift your most beloved gardener this Valentine’s Day, we’ve done the digging for you!
We’ve curated a green-fingered wish-list of gifts available online, from exhibitors you’ll be able meet and buy from, across our events this year.
Will you be shopping at BBC Gardeners’ World Live or the BBC Gardeners’ World Fairs in 2023?
Please note that all gifts are subject to availability and delivery times of independent suppliers may vary.
The gift of a great day out
Tickets make a great gift for anyone with green fingers, a day to look forward to!
With the flagship BBC Gardeners’ World Live at Birmingham’s NEC, 15-18 June, and the boutique BBC Gardeners’ World Spring Fair in the stunning setting of Beaulieu in Hampshire, 28-30 April, there are plenty of days to choose from. Plus, save the date for the BBC Gardeners’ World Autumn Fair at Audley End House & Garden in Essex, 1-3 September – tickets on sale in March.
A Blackbird Sang – ‘If I had a flower every time I thought of you’ Leaf Decoration – £12.95
Give the gift that gives twice the joy this Valentine’s Day, with this delightfully thoughtful decoration – 10% of the proceeds will be donated to Perennial, the UK’s only charity dedicated to helping everyone who works in horticulture and their families when times get tough.
Stand G198: Spring Fair
Enchanted Earth – Heart decorations – £19.95-£24.95
Add a touch of love to any garden with charming decorations, from planters to bird feeders:
- Heart Bird Feeder Stake – Stylish and weatherproof, this whitewashed metal feeder stands on a 105cm long stake.
- Teapot Heart Planter – Bring a unique style of planter to your garden with a colourful large 38cm teapot planter. Decorated with white love hearts and weather resistant. Perfect for plants or succulents, this can be used in your home or garden.
- Large Solar Firefly Garden Heart – Brighten up any part of your garden with this decorative hanging, complete with 30 warm white solar lights and a 4m cable and hanging loop on the back.
Stand E406: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
A Blackbird Sang – Pot Stems: Everlasting Wildflower Cluster – £12.95
Looking for something that’ll bloom whatever the season? Give a sustainable and ever-lasting bunch of wildflowers – a lovely year-round enhancement to indoor plants.
Stand G19: Spring Fair
Hardy’s Cottage Garden Plants – Perennial flowers – £9.50-13.50
With so many blooms to choose from, Hardy’s has a selection of romantic and heart-shaped perennial flowers to choose from:
- Lamprocapnos spectabilis – Flowering year after year in late spring, this provides delicate pink heart shaped flowers on arching stems.
- Lamprocapnos spectabilis ‘Alba’ – These pure white heart-shaped flowers are held on arching stems above divided light green foliage, blooming in late spring.
- Anemone ‘Frilly Knickers’ – an anemone with a name that’ll be sure to be noticed! With semi-double blooms, each pure white petal is suffused with pale lilac and finely frilled, brushed with deep violet from beneath and surrounding a boss of deep golden yellow stamens.
Unsure what to choose? Treat someone to a gift voucher!
Hardy’s has exhibited at Gardeners’ World Live every single year since our show opened over 30 years ago and 2023 is no different!
Stand FM12: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
Home and Garden Extras – Decorative Rusty Roses – £19.99
Give a rose that will never wilt this Valentine’s Day, with this decorative rusty flower stake that’ll add function and style to flower beds, window boxes and plant pots. Add a cluster of stakes and watch as they rust over time to create a charming aesthetic and provide support for an array of blooms.
Stands E400 & E408: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
Ecosure – Ecosure Midi Metropolitan Water Butt Planter – £192
Doubling up as a stylish planter, this water butt can create a great focal point in any garden. With two outlets, the front can be attached to a garden tap and is at the right height for a watering can, and the back is designed to drain the water butt completely. Available in a variety of colours and effects, there’s a choice for every garden and style.
Stand G140: Spring Fair
Stand G198: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
Hand Made Mosaics – Mosaic Heart – £25
Show your love with a touch of mosaic made by your own hands! The kit that includes everything you need, from base to tiles and grout. Available in a variety of colours, including pink and blue.
Stand G178: Spring Fair
Hydria Life – Hydria Fountain Kit Bundle – £199.99
The latest bundle from Hydria Life comes with the Fountain Kit, Premium Planter and the Mindfulness Pebbles Collectible. Easy to set up and harnessing new battery technology, this remote-controlled water feature with lights can run for a 2-month period between charges and can be set up in minutes. Fitting in any planter wider than 30cm, bring the relaxing sound of water to any garden or balcony.
Stand G48: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
John Cullen Gardens – Herb Collection – £15
Perfect for those who equally enjoy the garden and the kitchen, this selection of organically grown herbs will be the perfect accompaniment for many meals to come. Perfect for a sunny windowsill and ready to plant out once Spring warmth arrives, the set includes Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Chive and Oregano in 9cm pots.
Stand F25: BBC Gardeners’ World Spring Fair
Stand FM3: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
Elly Harvey Silver – Garden Inspired Jewellery – £55 – £165
Whether you’re a fan of growing your own or wonderful wildlife, add it to your jewellery collection with these hand-made pieces from Dorset
- Peapod Pendant – With a choice of 2, 3, or 4 peas, this charming pendant is also available with 9ct yellow gold peas to order.
- Bumble Bee Pendant and Earrings – Give a charming matching set, with a solid cast 9ct yellow gold bee pendant and matching earrings in either drop or stud style. Also available in sterling silver.
Stand G2 at Spring Fair
STIHL – Cordless Gardening Equipment – £119 – £169
Tackle your garden with some new gardening tech!
- GTA 26 Cordless Garden Pruner – A multifaceted tool, able to prune trees and shrubs, cut up garden waste and assist in building with wood thanks to its ¼” PM3 saw chain for powerful cutting. Designed for use with both hands, with comfortable rubberised handles for accuracy and ease.
- HSA 26 Cordless Garden Shears – These battery-powered handheld shrub shears are perfect for gardens of any size, making pruning small-leaved trees and shrubs easy. Coming with an easily interchangeable grass trimming blade, it allows you to maintain topiary, hedges and lawn edges.
Stand G98: Spring Fair
John Cullen Gardens – Achillea Love Collection – £29.99
Give a gift that will last for years with a drought tolerant collection of Achillea that benefits the all-important pollinators and make a great cut flower. Containing 4 of the most popular red and pink Achillea, they can be planted right away as long as the ground is not frozen.
Stand F25: the BBC Gardeners’ World Spring Fair
Stand FM3: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
SeeHow – £47.99
A garden design tool for everybody, SeeHow is developed to help gardening see when plants will flower through Plantsticks. Each Plantstick shows the colours of individual plants, as well as how and when they grow and flower throughout the calendar year. Look ahead into how your garden could bloom in 2023.
Stand G460: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
Allet – Grooved Front Rollers – £199 – £219
If you’re looking to up your lawncare, this innovative grooved roller is a great addition to your kit. With 23% of its surface area in contact with the ground, the remaining 77% is ready to be presented to a the bottom blade, leaving you with a cleaner cut and less stragglers. With 2 sizes available (17”/20”), improve your straight lining with a more manoeuvrable mover and achieve most perfectly straight stripes.
Stand G32: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
Traditional Garden Growers – Natural Wool Pellets – £9.99
Improve your produce in a sustainable way by using wool pellets. Only needing a single application each year, they enhance the soil as they degrade and feed plants naturally. Easy to store and apply, this environmentally friendly option is made from 100% British wool and boast many benefits, including moisture retention, increased soil porosity, long acting fertiliser and slug deterrant.
Stand G130: BBC Gardeners’ World Live
Distinctive Iron Work – 4ft & 6ft “Loopies” – Multi Use Looped Planting Stakes – Set of 3 – £30 – £40
Suitable for both gardens and the allotment, grow either plants or vegetables against this planting system which can be formed into a variety of structures – from in line to arches, obelisks, fans and more!
Stand G26: BBC Gardeners’ World Spring Fair
A Great Escape Art – 100% Silk Scarves – £50 – £75
Bring a splash of horticulture to the wardrobe with a colourful silk scarf. Designed from original paintings, this collection of 100% silk twill and chiffon scarves reflect the changing seasons and all come with a matching care card and presentation box.