Everything you need to know for your visit to BBC Gardeners' World Live11-Jun-2018
A day out at BBC Gardeners' World Live is wall-to-wall with garden inspiration. With so much on offer, we know you won't want to waste a minute. So here are our top tips for making the most of your day out.
KNOW THE OPENING TIMES
The show is open 9am to 6pm,Thursday 14 to Sunday 17 June 2018. You can access The NEC earlier, with a number of cafes open to the public before the Show opens - meaning you've time to relax before your day starts.
If visiting on Thursday, please note that the Floral Marquee will open at 10am, after assessments have finished.
SUBSCRIBERS GET MORE
Subscribers to BBC Gardeners' World Magazine can access the exclusive Subscriber Lounge at the Show. Look out for your entry card that came with your June issue. Perks include
- Special guest appearances
- 9.15am morning talks from the editors sharing their show highlights
- Goody bag and freebies (bring the goody bag voucher from your June issue)
- 10% off the FCB coffee cart prices in the Lounge
- Free re-usable cup from the Woodland Trust team
- Show prices on Special Edition magazines
- A place to sit and relax with a great view of the BBC Gardeners' World Live Theatre!
If you're not a subscriber, you can sign up on the day with a great show offer and get all these benefits straight away!
CHECK OUT THE SHOWGUIDE IN ADVANCE
Use our online showguide for an exclusive sneak-peak of the Show in advance. Browse the exhibitors, peruse the timetables, check out the highlights, digest the floorplan and make notes of everything you simply must see during your visit. Get your actual copy for free when arriving at the Show. Also look out for the handy Pocket Map sponsored by GreenThumb also free for all visitors.
USE THE SHOP & DROP AND PLANT CRECHE
The Plant Creche and Shop n Drop, supported by The Guide Dogs, mean that you can leave your shopping in safe hands whilst you enjoy the show. Speak to the team about our Car Collection Service too, so you can drive round in your car to pick up your goodies at the end of the day.
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER
Much of the show takes place outdoors, so do take care to dress for the weather and wear sensible shoes. It's not just your clothes that need to be right for the weather - pop by the Demo Bench sponsored by P20 Sun Protection, in the Floral Marquee, to get a sample of their sun cream.
BOOK PARKING IN ADVANCE
For one less thing to think about on the day, book your NEC Parking in advance.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
If travelling by car, plan your route in advance. On arrival at The NEC, look for the signs directing you to BBC Gardeners' World Live and the BBC Good Food Show Summer. For those coming by train, the station is Birmingham International, which is about 15 minutes walk from the Show, undercover.
GET YOUR #PLANTSELFIE CARD
Pick you a #PlantSelfie card and snap away around the Show - be sure to tag #BBCGWlive as we'll be sharing out favourites!
PREP YOUR QUESTIONS
Never have there been more opportunities for personal gardening tips and advice.
- Get your questions ready for The Plant Experts in the Floral Marquee
- Ask the Wyevale Garden Centre team to talk you through the many best practice answers in the Wyevale Garden Centres Solutions Garden
- Attend Q&A sessions with the GreenThumb Lawn-care team on the Problem Solved! stage
- Nick Bailey and Frances Tophill answer gardeners' questions in their sessions on the BBC Gardeners' World Live Theatre (Sat / Sun)
- Garden expert David Hurrion, host of the Problem Solved! stage takes Gardeners' Questions, daily
PACK YOUR SPARKS CARD
You'll get £5 off a spend of £25 in the M&S Outdoor Plant shop at the Show this year, and access to the Sparks Lounge if you flash your Sparks Card!
BRING A BAG (OR TWO)
There's lots to buy at the Show, so bring along your own bags, or buy one of our official Show Shopping bags to reduce the number of plastic carrier bags that you require at the Show.
BRING CASH WITH YOU
There are cash points at the Show but they are chargeable and can have queues, so it's advised that you get your cash in advance. Many exhibitors will take card payment, but not all.
GET TICKETS IN ADVANCE
Tickets cost more on the door, so if you've not yet booked tickets now's a good time to do so (quote WEB15 to save 15% off standard advanced ticket prices).
It's going to be a truly fantastic day out. We can't wait to see you there!