BBC Gardeners' World Live is produced by River Street Events at Immediate Media. River Street Events organise various food, drink, gardening events and festivals throughout the UK.
River Street Events websites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties, who have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to read them.
The personal data we collect about you & how we use it
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we will need to perform a contract with you (for example when you buy tickets to an event)
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. You can tell us you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- For certain processing purposes, we may request your consent to authorise the processing. For example, if you are not a customer or ticket purchaser and have not signed up to one of our newsletters, we would need clear consent from you in order to send any communications to you about our products or services.
In broad terms we use your data for the following purposes:
- To send you direct marketing by post, or email about special offers, latest event news and updates, recipe ideas, trends and more. We have a legitimate interest to develop our events, products and services and to grow our business. Plus, we’re sure you don’t want to miss the next big on-sale. Those hot tickets go fast! If you’re not an existing customer, we will only send this information with your permission.
- To notify you of changes to our service.
- To enable us to administer any competitions or promotions you enter into.
- To improve your experience on our digital platforms.
- For profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us.
- Where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to Immediate Media, to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To track traffic flows and to make our websites easier for you to use; and for planning and managing our business activities by understanding aggregated analysis on behaviour and habits.
- With our trusted business partners to provide insight and analysis of our customers and potential customers.
We may also collect personal information from you when you communicate with us over the telephone or via written correspondence. This can include information such as your name, postal address, telephone or mobile number, email address. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable River Street Events and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
In addition to personal information, River Street Events may gather anonymous information through your use of our websites, such as cookie data (see below), IP address, browser version and the type of operating system used.
River Street Events will hold your information for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. You may opt-out from receiving email marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in all our email communications or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Can I find out what personal information River Street Events hold on me?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that River Street Events holds about you at any time. For detailed queries, we may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request you make. If you contact us, please allow 10 working days for us to action your request.
We also offer a Preference Centre, where you can update your email communication preferences and details at any time. Simply click on the link at the bottom of any email. You may also unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email.
Or please make a written application to us at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
River Street Events at Immediate Media
44 Brook Green
Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Will River Street Events share my information with anyone else?
We use a number of third party organisations to help provide a professional service to our customers. These organisations act as our data processors and are strictly controlled in how they may/may not use your personal data. They will not contact you for marketing purposes. We remain responsible for the protection of your data. Where we share personal information with a third party, we require them to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Generally we will use third parties that process and store your information in the UK or elsewhere within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Should we need to share your information with companies located outside the EEA they will be contracted to provide your data with the same level of protection as it would receive within the EEA.We may disclose your personal data where we are compelled to do so by law; in particular for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders; and the assessment or collection of tax or duty.
Use of children’s data
Except where otherwise indicated, we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are aged 12 or under, we request that you do not provide us with information relating to you or to others. Please seek the guidance of your parent or guardian before using our services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who is aged under 13 and you become aware that your child has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our records within a reasonable time.
Cookies and your privacy
Cookies are small text files containing anonymous pieces of data which are issued to your device when you enter a website. These are stored and managed by your web browser and are used for a wide range of purposes; for example, to recognise your computer from previous visits, to remember what is in your basket or to understand which parts of a website are most popular. If you wish to know more about cookies in general please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.