Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we will need to perform a contract with you (for example when you buy tickets to an event)
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. You can tell us you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- For certain processing purposes, we may request your consent to authorise the processing. For example, if you are not a customer or ticket purchaser and have not signed up to one of our newsletters, we would need clear consent from you in order to send any communications to you about our products or services.
In broad terms we use your data for the following purposes:
- To send you direct marketing by post, or email about special offers, latest event news and updates, recipe ideas, trends and more. We have a legitimate interest to develop our events, products and services and to grow our business. Plus, we’re sure you don’t want to miss the next big on-sale. Those hot tickets go fast! If you’re not an existing customer, we will only send this information with your permission.
- To notify you of changes to our service.
- To enable us to administer any competitions or promotions you enter into.
- To improve your experience on our digital platforms.
- For profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us.
- Where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to Immediate Media, to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To track traffic flows and to make our websites easier for you to use; and for planning and managing our business activities by understanding aggregated analysis on behaviour and habits.
- With our trusted business partners to provide insight and analysis of our customers and potential customers.
We may also collect personal information from you when you communicate with us over the telephone or via written correspondence. This can include information such as your name, postal address, telephone or mobile number, email address. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable River Street Events and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
In addition to personal information, River Street Events may gather anonymous information through your use of our websites, such as cookie data (see below), IP address, browser version and the type of operating system used.
River Street Events will hold your information for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. You may opt-out from receiving email marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in all our email communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.