Every year a selection of Floral Marquee exhibitors launch brand new plants at BBC Gardeners' World Live - plants that you can be the first to get your hands on and be the envy of your street! From roses to Streptocarpus, Heuchera to Clematis, we've seen a host of our award winning nurseries choose BBC Gardeners' World Live as the launchpad for their latest creation.
New Plant Releases
NEW 2018: Diascia 'Monhop Pink', Hopleys Plants Ltd
Hopleys Plants have bred a series of three border Diascia which they are introducing at shows during 2018, with Diascia 'Monhop Pink' launching for the first time at BBC Gardeners' World Live.
Growing 45cm high it is suited to both border planting and pot culture and flowers from May through to the frosts.
This is a collaboration with Joe Sharman of Monksilver Nursery who made crosses using Hopleys' very popular 1m high Diascia 'Hopleys' as a parent.
Hopleys have introduced over 150 plants to british horticulture over the last 50 years and in this, their last year of trading, they are retiring in Autumn 2018, it is wonderful to add three more to add to this tally.
NEW 2018: Rosa 'Ooh la la', Styles Roses
Spectacular all summer displays of pretty Primrose yellow, cream, ruby & vermillion flowers displayed in stripes, flecks and flashes which fade to a deep cherry pink and cream with white blends in trusses of 5-8 blooms.
Highly disease resistant growth, young purple/bronzed foliage ageing to semi glossed olive green. Bred by noted amateur breeder Maurice Guest, a fantastic container or mid border rose which we highly recommend.
Fragrance: Lightly scented Height 2.5-3ft/ 70-90cm approx.
In previous years we've been the starting block for these fantastic new varieties, available for the first time ever at BBC Gardeners' World Live:
- Rose 'Gardeners' Gold', Harkness Roses
- Heuchera Megan, Heucheraholics Nursery: This is a beautiful plant that has lovely silvery foliage and produces an abundance of strong repeat flowering elegant - but large Mid Pink Flowers. Great for cutting and loved by the bees.
- Streptocarpus 'Manon', Dibleys Nurseries: A compact mass flowering variety with clear pale blue and cobalt blue flowers.
- Begonia 'Rosy Jewel' Dibleys Nurseries: A compact medium leaved rex type Begonia. The leaves are round and a bright pink, with a distinct swirl.
- Clematis 'Olympia', Floyds Climbers: This plant offers beautiful sky blue flowers in profusion from May-September and has a height of 2 foot. Perfect in troughs and hanging baskets.
Streptocarpus 'Titania, Dibleys Nurseries